ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Q.bert

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Q.bert
    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:13pm

Let’s talk about qbert ,I don’t remember playing this in the day ,arcade version
Who all has one on here ?
Anyone got the cocktail or pinball
I’ve only had mine a few weeks and find it a fascinating game
I love the cab ,the gameplay the characters
Is there any good players of it on here ?
Was there many of these cabs in U.K. ,when you look at USA sites it’s owned by hundreds of members
chubsta View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:26pm
very popular and common back in the day near me, used to love playing it, very easy to play but very difficult to master.

would love one myself, beautiful cab
Selling up and movin' on...
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:36pm
Not sure if I ever saw one BITD. I remember there being a few versions of it in the 'home micro' type mags, where you had to spend hours typing in a BASIC code listing, only to find it didn't work due to a typo or bug! Tongue
WANTED: Sega Cash Cube CP end plate. Click me for details!
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:53pm
My first experience with it was on a home computer, think it was the Amiga, first arcade time was at Arcade Club, Bury.  Really enjoyed playing it for real, would love a cab, but they are crazy money.  So have been playing on my Xbox Coin Ops.  Really addictive game, just want to better scores all the time.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Euro Millipede inner Bezel. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Outrun PCBs & SNES GAMES
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by chubsta chubsta wrote:

very popular and common back in the day near me, used to love playing it, very easy to play but very difficult to master.

would love one myself, beautiful cab

It is so easy to get into ,I thought I was doing ok with 30k
Checked the record and it’s 37 million or something lol
These people are superhuman
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

Not sure if I ever saw one BITD. I remember there being a few versions of it in the 'home micro' type mags, where you had to spend hours typing in a BASIC code listing, only to find it didn't work due to a typo or bug! Tongue

Or if it was a spectrum the lead got pulled out of the back .
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

My first experience with it was on a home computer, think it was the Amiga, first arcade time was at Arcade Club, Bury.  Really enjoyed playing it for real, would love a cab, but they are crazy money.  So have been playing on my Xbox Coin Ops.  Really addictive game, just want to better scores all the time.

Amiga version must be pretty good .i must check that out
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:36pm
Seem to remember the world record holder was an old woman.
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:49pm
Warren Davis wrote the game - he's a great guy and his talk last year about Q*Bert's development at Free Play Florida is well worth a watch:

part 1:

part 2:
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Body pop Body pop wrote:

Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

Amiga version must be pretty good .i must check that out

Doing some digging, it turns out it was not the original! it was a clone called Q'Bic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClkS2aHv0vA 

I did play it on the Gameboy at some point too and bought Q-Bert 3 on the Snes in recent years. 
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Euro Millipede inner Bezel. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Outrun PCBs & SNES GAMES
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by aeroflott aeroflott wrote:

Warren Davis wrote the game - he's a great guy and his talk last year about Q*Bert's development at Free Play Florida is well worth a watch:

part 1:

part 2:

Great stuff ,I’ll get a good look at that tomorrow .
Bods View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:12am

1st think I thought about when this game is mentionedSmile Doris just sprung to mind

Another game that needs controls sorting to play properly with joystick set for diagonal play, does it take getting used to playing it?

One of the old classics you played on 2600
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
stevebm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:22am
yep I remember playing it on the 2600 as well
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics
TWB View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:23am
I only remember seeing one of these back in the day, In a pub, I don't remember seeing one in an arcade. Great game and as said above easy to get into difficult to master.
WANTED
Cabs:
Leisure 2000
PCBs: Iron Horse
Parts:
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:03am
Got to be the only game that has a knocker too, isn't it?
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Bods Bods wrote:

1st think I thought about when this game is mentionedSmile Doris just sprung to mind

Another game that needs controls sorting to play properly with joystick set for diagonal play, does it take getting used to playing it?

One of the old classics you played on 2600

Wasn’t it in chasing ghosts or king of kong about that lady ,I think she’s passed away now
You get used to the controls quite quickly ,it is really the only way to play it properly .i usually only buy dedicated cabs with unique controls .this is probably the first to have a joystick ,but still unique
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:45am

Got to be the only game that has a knocker too, isn't it?

I certainly can’t think of any others .its a great touch and satisfying when you get that snake to jump off ,and get the knock .it must of been class in an arcade ,pub or wherever
Bods View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:26pm
Knocker? you've lost me now

I'm the same, most of my cabs are special controls, only have a few joystick games

The Dino Mame cabs I'm going to have swappable control panels for games like this so they can be played as they should, is it just the Joystick used on this then?
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Bods Bods wrote:

Knocker? you've lost me now

I'm the same, most of my cabs are special controls, only have a few joystick games

The Dino Mame cabs I'm going to have swappable control panels for games like this so they can be played as they should, is it just the Joystick used on this then?
A pinball knocker. A solenoid that physically thumps against the side of the cab.
Bods View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:41pm
Ah right, with you nowBig smile so it knocks when you get snake off, sounds cool

Artwork is nice on that cabThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic