ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

This arrived today...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RygarR View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RygarR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:31am
That's a lovely specimin. Nice pick up.

And fantastic you can actually find them in antique shops. How did the deal go? So thing like this I imagine... 'Yes, I'm really interested in this porcelain spaniel, superlative piece, I can go as high as £200, but I'll tell you what, I'll give you £220 cash, and take that old spotty box off your hand. Save you the effort of skipping it' Ker-ching ;-)

Originally posted by jase38 jase38 wrote:

Today I received the mintiest mint Goliath I've ever seen.

Big shout out to my parents who spotted it for sale in a local antique shop!

I have the monitor glass, just got to go back and pick it up.

jase38 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:43am
Funnily enough, my parents are always trying to discourage my spending on this hobby and yet they were the ones who pointed it out! LOL

Their description wasn't the most helpful, basically saying it was all the colours of the rainbow and a grubby old thing!  I sent the wife to investigate as I was working away.

The person the shop owner bought it from said it was working, but he couldn't find a lead.  He was really busy, so we didn't get to find out much about the history.

The wife managed to get the cab for £100, plus £40 for delivery.  I didn't get to see it until it turned up yesterday morning, and I was pleasantly surprised with its condition. Smile

Edited by jase38 - 19 May 2019 at 10:44am
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:48am
Bargain for a 100 quid!
WANTED: Sega Cash Cube CP end plate. Click me for details!
RygarR View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RygarR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:53am
Lol. You jammy b'*d. That's amazing.
neil1637 View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neil1637 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:06am
Great find and bargain too. Kudos to all involved.
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Grail search - Donkey Kong and Pole Position upright.
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:08am
Wow what a bargain! I would have thought they would had asked silly money for it after they had a quick check on ebay.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:38am
My weekend pickup was this butchered Universal Cosmic Guerilla table:

It needs some love. Was the result of a failed mame attempt. Came with a de-cased flat panel monitor and the remains of the botched original loom.
As a bonus, the dinky monitor appears to be colour! Fingers crossed I can get it going again.

WTD: Outrun DLX cab, Rolling Thunder pcb
Parts WTD: Dino King Door, Coin Box, Coin Chute
robotech View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:35am
i had a one of these that some one had started messing with i struggled to find any parts for it
Nice looking cabs though good luck with the resto

Edited by robotech - 20 May 2019 at 3:36am
2huwman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:16am
Nice pick up Flinnster - I've got the Cosmic Aliens 2 version of that. The monitors are indeed dinky - mine was broken beyond repair, but I did manage to squeeze in a CRT from a small TV!
Message me if you need a JAMMA Cab-ready 15Khz MAME PC!

https://www.arcadepcs.com/
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 9:58am
Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

i had a one of these that some one had started messing with i struggled to find any parts for it
Nice looking cabs though good luck with the resto

Ahhhhh ssshhh11111t. Guess I may be forced to fabricate some solutions to things like the lower vent grilles and corner clips maybe.

WTD: Outrun DLX cab, Rolling Thunder pcb
Parts WTD: Dino King Door, Coin Box, Coin Chute
Stickman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 60 minutes ago at 3:00pm
Not the best pictures but this turned up yesterday, not quite sure where i will end up putting it but had to get it in the cabin and turned on.  Pictures not the best as the phone struggled with the light, you can make out what it says when turned off.

Ohh how I wish for these cabs.... Robotron..PacMan..Tron..Gorf..Defender/Stargate
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331
  Share Topic