Forum Name: Auctions & Ebay Stuff
Forum Description: Advertise your auctions
URL: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=364716
Printed Date: 17 Sep 2019 at 3:43am

Topic: Mr Do!
Posted By: big10p
Subject: Mr Do!
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:29pm
OK, may get some hate for posting this if anyone is bidding already, but let's face it, pretty much everyone was going to find it before auction ends (still 9 days left). Just that these beauties come up so infrequently, I wondered what the value is, and what you guys think it'll sell for?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/old-arcade-machine/302805056825?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649" rel="nofollow - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/old-arcade-machine/302805056825?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Replies:
Posted By: jengineer
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:41pm
I'm not sure what the price will end on but it sure does look a nice one  Thumbs Up

-------------
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...

Posted By: Chopper79
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 10:10pm
£511 already!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Chopper79 Chopper79 wrote:

£511 already!
Yeah, this one is going to get a LOT of interest, which is why I was wondering what it is likely to go for. Would love it myself, but way too rich for my blood. Just hope the seller lets it go all the way.

Posted By: paulcan69
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 12:36am
They used to be 800
But now?
Could make 1200 I think on ebay

-------------
Arcade Otaku name: paulcan69

ebay name: paulcan2

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 12:37am
What's funny is I was scared to pay 800 for one back then
6-7 yrs ago
But would bite your arm off now at 800

-------------

Posted By: stegrey
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 1:00am
Offer him it paul!

-------------

Posted By: bomjac
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 6:54am
Seems a little steep for what is basically seems to be an empty cab, unworking. Let's face it - if the pcb was there and the cab working, surely that info would be included in the description?

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 10:07am
The description is poor, but I assumed it is complete but not working. Sounds like the seller isn't knowledgeable about cabs and hasn't even tried powering it up (which might be a good thing). Some photos of the inside would be good. I expect the seller has had a good many questions fired at him already.

Posted By: Ace`
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 10:21am
Complete but not working would be a safe bet, either way it's not like working Mr Do boards are expensive or hard to find.

-------------
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/topic353880_post968941.html" rel="nofollow - Wanted PCBs and Parts

http://notinmame.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - Not In Mame

Posted By: stevebm1
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 10:34am
I prefer the zac version to these cabs.but then that's the one I remember in my local arcades

-------------
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 10:40am
Yeah, probably nostalgia influencing you there, Steve. Big smile Universal cabs are just so nice! As Ace' says, if needed, finding a replacement PCB won't be hard or too expensive. Makes a change! 

Posted By: penrhos
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 12:07pm
I think it'll hit £1000 even with the lack of pics and details of what's inside.

Worse is it'll probably end up with a 60 in 1 inside and an LCD as "upgraded".

I turned one down a couple of years ago as I had no room - one of my biggest regrets in the woodie world - the other is selling my minty konami windy 2.

Posted By: simonden
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 1:11pm
There is also the side of a Swimmer cab in pics 2+3, and what appears to be a spare Swimmer CP laying against the back of the Mr. Do! in pic 4

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by simonden simonden wrote:

There is also the side of a Swimmer cab in pics 2+3, and what appears to be a spare Swimmer CP laying against the back of the Mr. Do! in pic 4
I was trying to make out what the other cab was. I think maybe they are pics taken when the guy bought the Mr Do! cab, maybe, as the seller hasn't got the Swimmer cab listed, or anything else arcade related. Also, the main pic shows cab on a palette, so that's probably one he took when it was delivered to him. Just guessing here, though.

[edit] actually, he does have an OR bezel listed too, so who knows...

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 1:55pm
I didn't read the description
Thought it was ok / complete
Still due to rarer cab I can see it making 800+

-------------

Posted By: Dataeastfan
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 2:38pm
The monitor has a fair amount of burn.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 6:40pm
Out of interest what monitors normally come in these cabs?
I remember the last mr do I saw for sale (maybe rav's?)
Have a nos monitor with it!!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 7:28pm
£720 and climbing!

-------------

Posted By: Bensonrad
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

Originally posted by simonden simonden wrote:

I was trying to make out what the other cab was. I think maybe they are pics taken when the guy bought the Mr Do! cab, maybe, as the seller hasn't got the Swimmer cab listed, or anything else arcade related. Also, the main pic shows cab on a palette, so that's probably one he took when it was delivered to him. Just guessing here, though.

[edit] actually, he does have an OR bezel listed too, so who knows...

I had been trying to work out what the cab was, I actually asked the seller, who said it was already sold and gone, but yes it was a Swimmer, looking at past listings he sold another outrun part, so I can only think an upright cab met its maker at some point.

-------------
Wanted: ASTEROIDS or ASTEROIDS DELUXE CABARET, also looking for a Super Pacman Bezel, a Euro Millipede inner Bezel.

Posted By: ianski
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 8:16am
Wow very nice and rare. Easy and cheap to get a working board for it.
My one had a new monitor in it when I bought it but don't know what it is
(that reminds me I need to post up some pics to be identified as mine doesn't work).
I do have a spare original chassis that i got from backslapper ;)
But that didn't fit my tube. If someone from here gets it and needs it give me a shout.
Such a gorgeous machine lit up in the game room.

-------------
My cabs: Track and Field, Mr.Do, Pacmania, Space Ace, Gorf, Jungle King, Astron Belt, Gyruss, OutRun, Frogger, Defender, Return of the Jedi.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 8:20am
Originally posted by ianski ianski wrote:

Wow very nice and rare. Easy and cheap to get a working board for it.
My one had a new monitor in it when I bought it but don't know what it is
(that reminds me I need to post up some pics to be identified as mine doesn't work).
I do have a spare original chassis that i got from backslapper ;)
But that didn't fit my tube. If someone from here gets it and needs it give me a shout.
Such a gorgeous machine lit up in the game room.
Yeah, looks so good lit up. Smile Saw yours on Alex's arcade tour vid - very nice! Does anyone else own one of these?

Posted By: Sbdesign
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 8:49am
"pcb serial matches cabinet serial.

fully working machine."

-------------
WANTED: VIRTUA COP 1 / F355 2 pcb / Initial D / Point Blank 3 / Videomaster / Silverline 26 / Super Megalo Marquee

Posted By: muddymusic
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:52am
Very nice, really like these cabs and Mr. Do! is a superb game.

Sounds like it's all original and fully working then, guess this will head over £1k when the current bidders see the updated description.

-------------
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 10:06am
Yeah, easy over £1k now, I think.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 5:16pm
£800!

Posted By: TWB
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

£800!

Bidding will probably quieten down for a bit now, still over a week to go. It is a nice cab and may even hit £1200, seems an odd finishing time though.

-------------
WANTED
Cabs:
Leisure 2000
PCBs:
Parts:

Posted By: giantkeeling
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 7:48pm
Does anybody know if the seller will let a courier collect for the winning bidder? I've messaged them twice and received no response.

Posted By: Gary07745
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 2:14pm
Mr Do!

Now ended????

-------------
wanted arcade cabinet
Looking for Original Full size centipede cab

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 3:40pm
I guarantee someone offered, a stack of cash outside ebay. Listed was ended as:

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing"

-------------

Print Page | Close Window