Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

2huwman's MAME PCs - JAMMA Cab Ready!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2huwman's MAME PCs - JAMMA Cab Ready!
    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 4:51pm
Arcade Cabinet PCs that are plug and play for your JAMMA cab!

Capable of outputting native 15khz arcade monitor resolutions so you get perfect resolutions and refresh rates for every game. No screen tearing or image scaling. Also compatible with multisync monitors, or even LCDs. Both current options require a laptop PSU, which I provide. 

Options:

MiniKAB 2: Intel Pentium G3258 (Socket LGA1150 3.2GHz+, Pentium Anniversary, overclockable) based MicroATX systems: 

Very capable CPUs for MAME. Handles a lot of more demanding 2D or polygon-based 3D games very well (e.g. newer CAVE shooters, Tekken 3, etc). Comes with a 64GB USB stick, and boots from this using Linux (Windows 7 Pro 64bit version also available, but requires additional SSD).

£319 inc. postage for a complete setup (less if you already have a JPAC or PSU). 

MiniKAB 3: Intel Pentium G4400 (Socket LGA1151 3.3GHz) MicroATX based system.

As above, but this one uses the newer Intel socket H4, and has an M.2 SSD slot (which means that the SSD plugs straight into the mobo, with no wires or mess!). 

It comes with Windows 7 Pro 64bit, 4GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB M.2 SSD, and a radeon HD4350 GPU for 15khz using Crt_emudriver 2.0. 

It boots into the frontend in 16 seconds and runs pretty much everything that's runnable in MAME!

£395 inc. postage for a complete setup.

Shipping: Royal Mail, as detailed above. International postage available, but please ask for a quote. 

Please note: 
  1. I am not selling ROMs. However, if you buy any of the above hardware from me, I will help you to set up your emulators and game lists. 
  2. The above prices are for a working PC to be sent to you. I cannot provide any warranty, as I cannot control how this hardware is used. However, in the unlikely event that any components fail in the first 3 months (e.g. GPU, JPAC, CPU, Power supply), I will replace them free of charge (as long as you return the faulty component to me, at your cost). 
  3. If you need to return your PC for repair, you must pay the return postage fees (and if you are outside the EU, you must pay any import duty charged). I will repair the PC and pay for the UK postage back to you (if you are outside the UK you must pay any additional postal costs).
  4. I have almost endless amounts of patience, and will help you via PM/email with any hardware or software issues!
Contact details:

Message 2huwman on this forum. I will respond quickly!
Message me if you need a JAMMA Cab-ready 15Khz MAME PC!

https://www.arcadepcs.com/
2huwman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:15am
I've got a MiniKAB 3 almost complete if anyone wants one quickly. 

I had 15 pages of good feedback on J+ before it disappeared! You should be able to browse most of the feedback here:

iamjimmi View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 11:31am
I have recently taken delivery of 2 MiniKab 3s...

Very tidy little unit and great seller.

Recommended bump...
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 3:09pm
How are these for sega model 2, 3, Naomi?
thank you
WTD:       VIRTUA COP 1 SEGA 1994
2huwman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 5:40pm
Should be fine for model 2, but model 3 might need a better GPU. I can give them a try if you like?

maskeddev View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maskeddev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 9:51am
Highly recommended. When I find a new cab to house one, I'm straight onto ordering another!
2huwman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 10:21am
Thanks for the nice comments guys!

Originally posted by 2huwman 2huwman wrote:

I've got a MiniKAB 3 almost complete if anyone wants one quickly. 

this one is now sold but i can probably do another 2 or 3 before Christmas, if anyone wants to go on the list!

Venom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 2:26pm
I can vouch for 2human had really excellent service both times

I think I have a minikab2  which I use in a 6 button cab horizontal was running at 15K till my monitor started pissing me off and replaced with a very low resolution LCD.  

Then I have  a custom pi set up  for my Woodie which I use for my old school vertical games.
That runs at 15K using a 14" amiga monitor.

Enjoy

Simon Belmont View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Belmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 3:59pm
Do there run on modern hdtv’s?   What’s the front end look like?
2huwman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 4:10pm
They can run on HDTVs, but they're set up for 15k arcade monitors or CRT TVs

You can use any frontend that's compatible with Windows or Linux, but I like attractmode.

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Belmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 4:30pm

They can run on HDTVs, but they're set up for 15k arcade monitors or CRT TVs

You can use any frontend that's compatible with Windows or Linux, but I like attractmode.

I have no idea how to do this at all.   I would want plug and play on a hdtv solution.  And attractmode looks like hyperspin which is great.  I like that front end.     I do have a OSSC., but having more options for connecting to tv's or monitors is always good.

Edited by Simon Belmont - 10 Nov 2018 at 4:32pm
2huwman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 9:20am
I've got two MiniKAB 3s pretty much complete and won't be doing any more until after Christmas. If you'd like one let me know!

Sp33dFr34k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sp33dFr34k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 2:27pm
Does anybody have a demo video of a running setup? Kinda curious what it looks like and how these perform :)
Del Griffith View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Sp33dFr34k Sp33dFr34k wrote:

Does anybody have a demo video of a running setup? Kinda curious what it looks like and how these perform :)

Don’t have a video but I did own one of these for a while and bearing in mind i’m anti-emulation and nit pick every little thing they look and perform really well, Rich is very easy to deal with also.

The only negative I could say would be the sound amp is pretty poor....tinny & not a lot of bass (very noticeable if you switch back to an original pcb), Kinda put me off as the best bit of arcade games for me is the sfx & music. I’m sure this could be upgraded tho.

The odd game had the same issues mame had 15 years ago but isn’t that just emulation ie never perfect.

I’d recommend one if emulation is your thing, Apart from the sound I was highly impressed.
Wanted street fighter 1 electrocoin cab
Sp33dFr34k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sp33dFr34k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 3:24pm
Thanks for sharing your experience, I've heard more positive experiences from members here and there. Still would be great to see a video of a running setup though :)
2huwman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 3:59pm
I can put together a quick video if you like (there was an old one i did from a few years back, but the PCs have changed a lot since then!).

With regard to the audio amps, it will depend on your cab's speaker. Most standard jamma cabs have one basic speaker that won't benefit much from a quality or powerful amp. I can't tell any difference on my cab between the sound on a PCB and on a MiniKAB, but if your cab has a pair of good stereo speakers then you might want a different amp. Happy to discuss options!

2huwman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 9:21am

I've got two MiniKAB 3s pretty much complete and won't be doing any more until after Christmas. If you'd like one let me know!

OK, one left now - let me know if you want it!

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Belmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 6:25pm
I asked before if this can run on a HDTV through HDMI?    Or is this arcade cab only?
2huwman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 6:37pm
Yes, there is an HDMI port on the graphics card, so you could output that way. This is intended for a standard jamma cab, but could support other monitors.

2huwman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 7:19pm
I've got for sale a mini Jetway PC with integrated ion graphics, so it outputs 15khz groovymame goodness! It's a really small and light PC. about 18cm by 20cm, and 2.5cm deep. 

more pics here:

I've just been testing it on my cab and it plays cps 1& 2 at full speed. all 8 bit and most 16 bit games i tried worked fine as well. neo geo ran a bit slow. dont expect miracles from it as it's got an atom cpu, but plays loads of games well at the perfect resolutions and refresh rates. 

the integrated ion GPU means it can run groovymame with no additional GPU, keeping it nice and compact. 

more details about it here:

you can have it with a 16gb memory card (i've set up groovymame linux, but will delete roms before sending), a new JPAC, VGA and audio cable, and power supply for £110 + p&p. Plug and play!

I've also got one final MiniKAB 3 for sale, after which point I'll be hanging up my arcade PC building boots Cry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic